So it's taking me forever to get into this new house. I'm only here 4-5 days a week, and whatever item I'm looking for at any given moment turns out to be at the other house. That's ok. We're getting into a routine. What to bring back and forth, what to leave, and where.
But my new house? Trashed. Completely. My kitchen island is 4'x5', and it is completely covered in my junk. Papers, books, yarn, bank receipts. And I can't find where all these items should go. andy keeps getting mad because I'm moving stuff around so much. Well. I don't know where things should go. Eventually I will find which drawer is best to keep the Neosporin in. How are you supposed to store CDs? People don't even own cds any more, they have iPods. I'm old school though. So my 300 cds are in piles all over the office and kitchen. I need those people that come in with a tv crew and publicly ridicule you for being such bad housekeepers.
This week: Panic! My in-laws are coming. My MIL can NOT see my house like it is. So I've been cleaning like crazy. I have until lunch tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to make it.
I have promised myself some new clothes next week, if I can get the last few totes unpacked and my island cleaned off and sealed. (Love the granite, but it's a pain to care for.) When this is all over, I'll have time to sew again.
Posted by
wakeful dreamer