So the house isn't finished yet. BUT - we're making progress.

Last Saturday Andy and Dad installed my new window. There used to be a giant fixed window with a tiny single-hung on each side. It didn't provide a good view thanks to the sashing that was all over the picture window, and it didn't provide ventilation as the opening portions were only like 18 inches wide. So I'm not sure what was the point of having it there to start with.

(I should add here: Fixed meaning immovable, not to be confused with fixed meaning the opposite of broken. You knew that already but I know some people who found this out the hard way. Tee-hee.)

Anyway, Dad built me a custom window for that spot. It took a while to get that ball rolling but it was worth it. This is a fabulous window. They do great work at Wilson's. I highly recommend them if you need windows or doors - not because it's my dad's shop but because I know he's so picky about his employees, materials, and so on. Anyway, he was the first in Huntsville to use a composite of recycled plastic and sawdust in his frames, and that's what I have. It paints like wood but will never warp or rot. And unpainted (as mine still is) it looks pretty cool.

Next is interior doors. I chose a two-panel solid core slab. I can't wait to get them. Our building materials have been piled up on the porch all summer, but the pile is dwindling. I am measuring our progress by how much or little stuff I have to step over. Yes, our place looks immensely trashy, but it's going to be so nice someday.