We are in the last few stages of this project. It has been a massive, uphill slog fraught with bodily injury, screaming, and many trips to Lowe's. But it's almost done. So far we have:

  • Removed the rocks of death
  • Pulled out a roomful of crumbly old paneling and moulding
  • Yanked out aging carpet
  • Shoveled up crumbly, moldy, spongy particleboard subflooring
  • Added real subflooring made of actual plywood
  • Hung drywall in the living room and hall
  • Added 3 pocket doors
  • Repainted the bedrooms
  • Run conduit for the electricity and data lines
  • Hung a new fan in the bedroom
  • Removed a pointless wall
  • Put drywall up on the ceiling where the wall used to be
  • Added an attic fan
  • Replaced a window
I'm sure I missed something, but just typing that list has drained me.

I have to rehang some of the ceiling drywall. The storms we had a few weeks ago blew off part of our shingles and the ceiling is water-damaged. Talk about insult and injury - the mud was barely dry when the roof started leaking. Fortunately we are getting a new roof soon.

One more window to install. Wiring and fixtures. Painting. Nailing down the floor. Varathane. Baseboards, casing, and crown moulding. And it's done.

Andy is already planning our next projects, but I refuse to discuss the subject. I just don't have the mental energy.