At the intersection of "denial" and "trying to get things done", my back got peed on.
The EC thing works so well that at home, Imri usually wears panties or a loosely-wrapped flatfold. About the only time we have a miss is when I think, "She needs to go. Well, I'm in the middle of (whatever.) Nahhhh.." Denial is a beast.
I wore or otherwise held Jax pretty much continuously for the first year of his life. I love my ring slings, but with 2 kids and too much to do, I find I need a more hands-free option for Imri. I bought a Hoppediz wrap (basically an overpriced, 16-ft long piece of cloth) and have been wearing her on my back.
This is how I generally look these days:
I am very proud of my wrap job here. She's asleep, wrapped nice and high on my back. It's not yet that comfy. Hopefully as my muscles adjust I can do this carry for longer periods of time.
(I am less proud of my giant bottom, though it should be said that these are bootylicious maternity pants. I was in some of my normal jeans 2 wks pp, but they were all in the laundry. Anyway, I still have a few inches to lose and a lot of muscle tone to regain.)
So tonight she started getting wiggly and I thought, "One more thing and I'll take her down to potty." I certainly learned my lesson. Baby first, laundry second. It's the drier way.
Posted by
wakeful dreamer