Isn't she gorgeous?



I always said that when I had a daughter, I wouldn't be all about her looks. I want Imri to know that she is more than her appearance. But for the moment she sleeps so much that mostly, I just look at her. And fold her laundry, a distressing proportion of which makes me think of regurgitated Pepto-Bismol.

Speaking of which, I am so overwhelmed with the housework. My first priority is caring for Imri and to a lesser degree, Jax. After that, I can just barely keep up with the laundry. I have to keep something in the washer at every minute of the day, or I fall so behind. All the common advice is to let the housework slide so you can rest from giving birth and bond with the baby and all that, but it doesn't address the issue of what are you supposed to eat and wear while the dirty dishes and laundry pile up? And it's not like my other half has time to pick up the slack.

I think most of the unbalanced emotions I have experienced lately come from the fact that our house still isn't finished completely. My dad keeps promising to bring our windows, without actually saying when. He'll say, "Let's plan on next Saturday." Then on Friday I call to make sure he's still coming, and he "forgot", or "it was a busy week and his guys didn't have time to get them done." And I'm thinking, do you run a window and door shop, or do you not? I'm ready to order them from Lowe's and pay full price, but that would cause problems with my parents. Family. Sigh. And it's not just the windows that we're waiting on. Plus the fact that you can't get anything done with a new baby. I'm so tired of living a transient existence, with nothing in its place and having to remove my shoes at the bedroom doors and tripping over tools everywhere. Aargh.

Speaking of things being out of place, this morning my phone rang and I finally found it in the back of Jaxom's tricycle. Turkey.

Also, animal control came by to ask me to put my dog up. With all the work we're doing, there isn't room for Jupiter so he's been outside. He is loose during the day but just stays in the yard. But we have this neighbor... you know the type. She is driving the rest of the neighborhood crazy about her cats. Something got one of her cats, and she decided it must have been the neighbor's Lab, who was inside a fenced yard at the time. But she didn't bring her other cats inside. Now any time she sees a dog, she goes nutso. Another neighbor walks his 3-lb teacup poodle without a leash, and she tried to say HE had attacked her cat. I guess my border collie really scares her. What she doesn't know is that he's afraid of cats, spiders, and his own shadow. I'd be surprised if he has once left the yard without me. But whatever.

Anyway, I'm still behind on sending out thank-you notes for all this pink crap, and I need to sew some more tiny undies, and the supper dishes from last night are still dirty, yet here I sit. Feels good to slack off sometimes. I just can't make a habit of it.