What a fun few days I'm having. It's been nutso.

Last Thursday I drove Andy to the doctor. Nearly got us killed. It was like all the crazy drivers were out on the road, trying to get me. After a few times, we just laughed hysterically every time someone nearly merged into us. I seem to have days like that occasionally, and it's not because I can't drive defensively.

On Friday we went to the corn maze with Adam. It was wunnnnderful - until Adam dislocated his shoulder picking up Jax, deep inside the maze. We ended up sitting in the ER with him for about 6 hours. The doctor came in, popped his shoulder back in, and sent him home. Six hours of waiting, for literally 2 minutes of treatment. And that includes the time it took for the nurses to discharge him. I was fit to be tied. We finally got home around 6am. At least I know he would do it for me.

There were some interesting things to see in the waiting room, mostly people faking illness for drugs and attention. My favorite was an old lady who was faking a stroke. I went with Adam into the exam room, so I missed the hooker party. Bummer.

This week is looking up somewhat. I received a neat swap package AND a clutch that I won in a drawing from the mahvelous Foofanagle. She also threw in there a skein of sock yarn (which wants to be a scarf) and a Moda fabrics charm pack. Beautimous!

I have a cold. I was miserable all day yesterday, so much so that I didn't feel like sewing, knitting, cleaning, or playing with Jax. Now it's bad when you can't conduct the business of your life over a little cold. I am still feeling rough today, even.

So I'm at a place in my life where, despite a huge fabric and yarn stash, I have nothing to sew. More specifically, for every project on my table, I don't have the lining fabric, or the right size zipper, or some trifling detail. I have blown my craft budget for the month, nay, year. Somewhere inside I'm remembering my lovely little ladybug credit card.. At this point I need to be an adult and go clean house. But I don't want to. Can I claim a psychiatric illness?

I'm going to get back in bed with my boy. More to follow.