I have apparently re-entered the land of fertility. All this week, I was wondering if I was about to get my period. After three years without one, I had just about forgotten how it feels. A couple of weeks ago, I felt like I was ovulating, so I dug out my cloth pads just in case. And sure enough, here I go.

Some women seem really uptight about menstruation. I really don't care either way. I don't feel gross, nor am I suddenly a goddess of femininity. It's just a state of being. I used to free-bleed at night, but I suppose I can't do that now that I have an extra person in the bed with me.

I really do like sex at this time. Everything is slippery and swollen, and a good hard pounding takes all the edge off. My only problem is that I'm summoned to jury duty tomorrow. Great timing, thanks so much to my ovaries. I guess I ought to be satisfied they're functioning.