I finally got my Lamaze results back.... I passed, but I missed a few questions on the exam. Whoa. I did 150 questions in just over 30 minutes, so I don't know what I expected, but it was certainly a better score than 87%. Guess I'm too hard on myself. Anyway, I'm certified. Certifiable? Don't know how many classes I can or will teach before this baby is born. I'm 23 weeks now, so 17 weeks until the birth... hmm.
Speaking of the birth, we interviewed a doula. After reviewing our last birth, hiring an extra pair of hands seemed like a good idea. I like her a lot, and if the logistics work themselves out, we'll hire her and all will be groovy.
I'd like to doula one more birth this summer since it will be a while before I can do another.
I love birth, I love talking about it and assisting mothers and especially giving birth myself. Within 5-6 years, hopefully I will be a CPM and doing births for a living. Before then, there is one more cert I want - lactation consultant. Maybe in a couple years.
Night, lovers. Time for me to put this sleeping baby in bed. I am sort of sad and lonely tonight - thinking of old friends and such - and the sooner I sleep, the sooner I can reset my blue mood. Ya know?
Posted by
Karen