So much so that I typed my heading with the shift lock key on, and just about left it that way.

My house is wretchedly disgusting. I mean to clean my hardwoods today. This room, the computer room which will be the kids' toy room and my craft storage room if I can get my beloved to move the computer out next week, can suck it. The carpet needs a good thorough steaming where the dog lies on it all the time, and the kids bring snacks in here and drop crumbs and spill drinks. OK, I probably do it too. Also, when I got up this morning the dog had dragged a paper Moe's bag out of the garbage and brought it in here and shredded it. So now I am going to frivolously spend $100 on the steel, covered garbage can I've been wanting, because it is so gross when he does that.

Anyway, Andy is supposed to set up our minicomputer as our internet router/box/firewall/thingy/whatever it is, so we can get rid of this giant monster of an ancient thing that takes up as much room as the computer tower. This house doesn't have phone jacks much to speak of, but there is one in the kitchen that we can physically plug in to and run the wires up to the top of the cabinet so no counter space needed. Yay! Then the computer can wirelessly connect to that from wherever.

He always intended for my beautiful dining room, with a huge palladian window and gorgeous crown molding and wainscoting and ambient lighting, to be the compter area. You know, the room that collects ugly wires and computer cases and cds and paper of every kind. Boo. Our dining table is in the breakfast area, which is where I want the computer desk and a big squashy armchair. We just can't agree, so I finally said we will try it both ways for a couple months and see which is better. Boo.

Anyway, so I am so tired. Two days ago, Jax had an appointment at the allergist. She is always so behind, and the result is that we wait in the little room for at least an hour, every time. It is very hard to keep two preschoolers quiet and occupied for that long with nothing for them to do. We brought stuff of course, but that's just too long for a little boy to go without physical activity. And he had to pee really badly, but the restroom was occupied for at least 20 minutes by the same person, and then when they left it was not a good environment for the three of us. So he was really, really wriggly.

So we left there nearly two hours after our appointment time should have been, and went and got some burritos at Moe's (hence the aforementioned bag) and took it to the awesome playground down the street. It is 30 minutes from our house so we don't go there often. They played and had a big time. One of the things there is a few tires fastened together and hung at the ends by chains. It's a pony ride. Imri loves all things horse-related, so I got on it with her and we played horseback riding. After about 5 minutes of this, with us laughing and having a big time, I realized that riding the tire pony is just exactly like another, less playground-friendly sort of action. ha.

And yesterday he went to his dermatologist in Birmingham. So after that we went to the McWane. Such a cool place. They had a new exhibit on decomposition, featuring a dead squirrel in a box. Yuck. We also hadn't been there since they added the new shark and ray touch tank. It was neat, but the kids didn't have the patience to wait for one to swim near. We stayed nearly until they closed. My one gripe is that when we go there, there are always tons of school groups there. Which is great. But there are two areas that are supposed to be just for little bitty kids like mine. One is upstairs where they have a pretend grocery store and baby golf and duplo blocks. The other is where they have a water table and dress-up clothes and baby level puzzles and so on. Both are clearly labeled "Kindergarten and younger" areas. So the teachers bring their kids into these areas once they run out of other stuff to do, and that is where they spend the last hour or two of their trip. So the little kids who are supposed to be there can't play with anything because it is all overrun with big kids. And usually it is big kids who push and take stuff away from the babies and run around and knock the little ones over and crowd the water table and splash anyone who tries to play too. And just by there being 60 or 90 school kids there, there is no way the little ones can compete for the space and the stuff. But overall it is usually so fun to go, especially after 2 or so when the school groups leave.

So after playing all day, two days in a row, and driving home too late to cook supper such that we HAD to eat at PF Chang's, ha ha, then staying up too late studying for the Lamaze exam, I did not want to get out of bed this morning. and only did so because Imri was sooo hungry. And here I still sit. Better go sweep and mop my floors and try to do something with my kitchen and catch up on laundry. And if there is any more time (as if!) I need to go visit my doula client and see the new baby so I can be even more impatient to be holding my own little one than I already am. I love being pregnant, I would spend the rest of my life having little ones if it were possible. But it is sort of hard to wait. Right now he/she is about 2-3 inches long and weighs about an ounce - about the size of a medium shrimp.