Both my babies are sick. It's more than just that I feel really bad for them. Every time they cry or have a coughing fit or blow a snot bubble the size of a golf ball, it tears up my tender mommy heart. But more than that - I can't get anything done. I can't put the baby girl down. Last night I wrapped her and bebopped around for a while until it got too hot for us both thanks to her fever. I put her in bed and she's awake in 15 minutes, coughing and crying. It's pitiful how bad she feels. Jax is ok as long as I leave him alone and let him watch tv. Which I don't like but it's keeping him distracted and happy. After this show ends I'm going to make him turn it off and there will be tears.

Anyway, I also have started my period. I don't understand why some girls whine so much about this - I don't become bloated or crabby or crampy. Aunt Flo and I have always had a relationship of mutual, if wary, respect. But now I'm just mad. After Jax was born, it took 2 years for my fertility to return. (Thank you, breastfeeding!) But this time, my period resumed in only 14 months. So here I am, fertile again.

This really messes up my plans. I was expecting to resume fertility this fall, and get pregnant again next spring or so. But it's too soon. I wasn't ready to start the whole thing of charting my cycles, taking my temp every morning, etc. And I don't like birth control. Even Nuvaring, although relatively hassle-free, is annoying in the form of $40 a month. I've been betrayed by my body and I don't like it.

So darlings, that's it here. That and - where's OUR snow???