Jax started wheezing Wednesday night, badly enough that I took him to the doctor on Thursday morning. Who put him in the hospital for two nights. I was scared, of course, especially at first. The hospital where our dr practices is tiny, 60 beds at the most, and I was nervous that they were all podunks with no training or skill. But I was wrong. They were all so good to Jax, and everything they did I approved of. Really that's a first. Anyway, the next time I have to go to the hospital, I'm using this one. I really hate doctors, hate nurses even more, and only use medical services when there is no other choice. But this was by far our best-ever medical experience. I'm so relieved that he is much, much better now. I'd rather for me be sick than him.

I'm feeling guilty, too. I'm afraid that, even if he had already been starting to get sick, our little trip to the lake didn't help him out any. Of course, if I had known... but hindsight is always 20/20.

Typical of my life these days. Why does everything have to be so mixed up?

---------------
Now playing: The Weepies - Not Your Year
via FoxyTunes