Yesterday was such a good day. We hung out at Germania Springs then walked through a local cemetery and looked at old graves. I love old cemeteries, and this one in particular is one of my favorites. I used to go there sometimes when I needed somewhere quiet to sit and think. There is one stone I never tire of looking at. It's in the slave section (I told you it was an old cemetery), and bears only a name and a picture of a tree falling on a woman's head. I often wonder what is the story behind that one. Yet another of my favorites is a huge slab with the inscription "Consort of [name]". Reading further you see the woman was only 16 at the time of her death. I bet that somewhere there was a fairly angry wife after that stone was placed. Someday I intend to try to find out whether the man actually was ever married, and whether his wife was living while this consort stuff was going on. Why otherwise did he not marry the girl?
Today started off with its share of irritations, but quickly improved. Jax and I did some shopping, ate at the Olive Garden, and went to see Harry Potter (again.) We had a great time, just the two of us. As much as I would have appreciated the company of a certain someone, I was also glad to be with my boy. At dinner, we ate and giggled and people-watched, and generally had the best time ever. I hope that when he is older he will still want to spend time with me. (And that we're raising him to be the kind of person I want to spend time with.)
All in all, we've had a pretty exciting couple of days. Tomorrow we're staying home. On Thursday I plan to go to Gadsden and drop off my sewing machine for repair; wonder what kind of fun we can find there?
Posted by
wakeful dreamer