I have the strangest sensation lately, of waiting for ...? At the moment I am waiting for Andy and Jax to get back from the store with my bunny litter so I can get the bunnies squared away before we leave. Imri is sooo fussy today. She is cutting two more teeth, and this time they are making her miserable. I remember these being the two that gave Jax the most trouble as well. Anyway, I can't put her down and I can't stand holding her either. What she really wants is to get these teeth through, but she thinks she wants every item she sees in the house. So as I'm holding her, she is lunging out of my arms to grab things. Then when I put her down, she wails. The solution is to carry her upside down on purpose, but I'm just not doing that for some crazy reason.
What I really want to be doing is cutting out these baby jeans from the Ottobre magazine. I traced off the pattern, I have everything I need except the studs and button, which is the last thing I'll add so I really don't need them yet. I also have two other patterns ready to go - a polka-dot tunic and a sort of damask-patterned b&w hoodie thing. AND as soon as I buy more rib binding, I have a cute hoodie to finish. It's white with blue stars all over, and wait a minute! I brought some from the other house! I could be sewing! It is killing me that I won't be with my sewing machine all weekend. Even if Miss Fussy Britches would let me sew, there's no point starting anything now.
All these years of sewing, and I've never made pants with a fly until this week. I can do it! It was easy. Really if I had thought about it, I could have figured it out on my own without a pattern. I like to play around with drafting from time to time. I don't know why I waited so long to tackle a zippered fly.
Pictures later, my litter is here. :)
Posted by
wakeful dreamer