Today Jax was completely wild and crazy. I don't know what was going on, but he was into everything. He threw a shoe (his, fortunately) into the toilet. Into Jupiter's water bowl went two rubber gloves and a retractable leash. He pulled pins out of my pincushion and ended up sticking himself. He got on the cat's back and demanded a piggyback ride, nearly being bitten in the process. He did get a ride on the dog's back before I intervened. He pulled everything off the hall table onto his head. When he couldn't open the bathroom door, he peed into a tray instead of asking me for help. (At least he didn't go in the floor.) All day long, he was just doing stuff. Oh my goodness, I was starting to feel frazzled by bedtime.
In retrospect I should have just given up and taken him to the park. Instead I was stubborn. I kept thinking, "What else can he possibly get into?" And then I'd find out just exactly what. Actually if I had been willing to be more flexible, it might not have been so bad. I really had a lot I wanted to do today, but a lot of his craziness might have been prevented (or not) if I'd had him run around the block a few times. Hm.
I do so love my little boy, however aggravating he might be.
Posted by
wakeful dreamer