So last night/this morning I went to Diana, TN to sing. It was amazing. I don't care to guess how many were there, several thousand at least. We sang from about 7:30 until 1:30 am, with a brief intermission to stroll through the songbook museum (I have a thing for 1930s and 40s hymnals) and photo shed. It was a blast. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. By the end I was past giddy and on into hysterical.

Usually only the most dedicated, ie better, singers will stay past midnight. Instead of each guy doing his yada yada before his song, they write the next number on a dry-erase board so as soon as one song finishes, the next one can begin with no talking in between. It's my favorite part of the singing. It's like singing with a real group of singers instead of... well.

The first time I went, two years ago, was two weeks after Jax was born. He was the trophy baby that year (the youngest attendee.) In the photo shed, I looked to see if there was a picture of us getting his trophy, and there was. Wow. A picture of me preserved for posterity in the annals of Diana history, and I hadn't even brushed my hair.

Surprisingly I found that my singing voice was much better today for the workout it got. I've had "Lydia the Tattooed Lady" stuck in my head for days, so it all works.