Me and my sewing machine, a love story. No, really. It ate at me all weekend, to be there when I wanted to be here with my machine. I cut out two tops tonight for the baby girl, a long-sleeved one for the fall and a short-sleeved for right now. I am making a 74, which I don't think will fit just yet, but a 68 is likely to be too small. It's hard to say when she is growing so fast. In RTW she is wearing 12 months size. I am hoping the two tops will fit as dresses right now, and shirts later.

For fun I took my blood pressure today at my in-laws'. It was (for me) astronomical. We are so financially strapped right now. It's very stressful. And yet, it's hard for me to stop buying incidental things. I just ordered $6 worth of fold-over elastic (ok, $6 including shipping. Not exactly breaking the bank, but still.) Tomorrow I'm planning to visit Hancock fabrics for the clear elastic I need to do these two tunics. I lost all my elastic in the move, and I just can't sew without it. Then I dumped out my whole drawer of notions and found a ziploc full of FOE. Oops. I spent $2 too much. Oh well, too late now.

This weekend I drove Jax and the dog, Andy drove Imri. It was a nice change of pace, to be alone with my boy. Even if he did sleep the whole way. I have GOT to carve a car payment out of our budget. I am sick of driving two cars each week. We are planning to buy a Highlander or other such vehicle that will carry all of our stuff and us too. Eventually. If Andy could work an extra 10 hours a month, that would do it. But I'm wary of buying a new vehicle on overtime, lest his overtime approval get yanked.

Today he made some totally-kidding, didn't-mean-it-at-all remark about me not doing anything. I about came unglued. His mama about killed him. Generally, I bust my tail all day and all night too. Aside from sewing and maybe a little too much time on Facebook, I really don't do anything frivolous with my time. I spend all day, every day, caring for my kids and my house. And I have to wear so many hats, and wear them well. The pressure would be enormous if I bothered to think about it. I have to be a Christian, wife, mother, friend, daughter, lover, teacher, accountant, housekeeper, cook, librarian, secretary, personal shopper, gardener. And that's just off the top of my head. If I thought about it, I could think of several more things I do to keep my family running and my babies growing. I know Andy didn't mean what he said at all, but still. I have lived his life, but he has never lived mine. It's a different kind of work, but no less hard. It being nearly 3 am, I better go to bed so I can get up and get to it. Imri has been getting up at 7!!! For me, that's pretty early.