---Sunday night: Jaxom gets a stomach virus. Andy leaves for work.
---Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: Jaxom pukes, poops, etc. I start the washer. I bathe him. I settle him into a clean bed. Rinse and repeat.
---Thursday: Jaxom is feeling better. Andy comes home. We go out to eat.
---Friday morning: We spend all morning at the DMV replacing my lost driver's license. (I have a social security card but no other ID as my birth certificate is also missing, and the state of Tennessee won't issue me a new one without, yes, a driver's license. Finally we settle on my marriage certificate as proof of identity. If I lose one more document, I will cease to exist.)
---Friday afternoon: We take the dog to the vet, normally a routine chore for most folks but my dog is terrified of the vet. Therefore he does what really terrified dogs do. All over the floor. A lot.
---Friday afternoon, part 2: While at the vet, I also have my ailing 10-year old bunny, Fiona, euthanized. I should have done this weeks ago but couldn't bring myself to do it while there was any spark of life in him. After letting him be miserable for many days I finally made the right decision. Which somehow never feels right.
---Friday night: Andy gets the virus. So now I am caring for him.

I don't want to sound selfish. I am more than glad to do for them what needs doing. I just would really like a break. I wanted to have my other half come home and hold the babies while I do laundry or take a bath. I wanted us all to play games and watch a movie and eat popcorn. I wanted to work in the yard. I wanted to have crazy it's-been-days sex. Instead I'm going to be cleaning puke buckets and washing sheets (in addition to the weeks' worth of laundry he brought home.) It's just disappointing.

Also I am really torn up over my bunny. The last few weeks he has been living in the shower we don't use. Between myself and Imri I am in that bathroom a lot. I had really grown used to having him in there to talk to. Imri loved looking at him and would babble at him while sitting on the potty. I'm going to have to move my other little single bunny in there to try to fill the void. Wasn't he pretty?

After looking at the pictures of him, I see how sick he really was. He was emaciated, feeble, and couldn't groom himself. I think the lack of grooming stemmed in part from the fact that he never had to groom himself. His mate Gracie always kept him in tiptop shape, even (excessively, I think) barbering his whiskers off. After she died he got sick overnight, his coat and eyes got dull, and he stopped doing much of anything. I'm really surprised he lived this long. Anyway, I miss him. He was such a bright spot in my little life.

It's late and I am sad. I better toddle off to bed before I implode.