We all have the flu. It's been almost a year to the day since the last time, which led to me getting antibiotics (because I was pregnant and getting pneumonia), which led to c. diff, which nearly killed me and made me exhausted for the whole pregnancy. Whew! After a week of this, I can't seem to shake it. Even Imri is coughing a little, but with getting my antibodies and all, she'll be ok.

Seems I am surrounded by crazy. I know someone whose husband has been laid off, with his company going under. She is going nutso. Her strategies so far have been:

1) Beg for his job back, at half his former salary.
2) Work @ McDonald's while jobhunting.
3) Develop a product that he can sell in a few months or however long it takes.

Half his salary won't pay their mortgage and is barely over minimum wage. McD's won't pay his mortgage and will effectively keep him from finding a new job. When would he apply for jobs/ make followup calls /interview /etc.? And again, they have to eat while he is developing and marketing a product. Did I mention their ginormous mortgage? They bought too much house because they "like to live a little better lifestyle than their friends." Great, if you can pay for it. They couldn't before, and now they really can't.

Anyway, the wife and her mother like to get together and chew him out for not having a job when his former coworkers do already. And every day she has a different idea that he is supposed to follow, because if he would just do what she says, it would be ok. I wish she would just back off. I feel worst for their kids.

Did I mention that the day before he was laid off, she took it on herself to call his boss and chew HIM out? Wonder why he was chosen for the axe???