What I really, really love, what warms my little heart, is when I tell a checkout person I don't want a plastic carry bag. Maybe I want to use my fabric shopping bags. Maybe I'm already buying a bag of some sort in this very purchase, and the two other things I'm buying will actually fit inside that bag. Maybe I'm only buying one spool of thread which I intend to carry home in my purse or pocket. Maybe I just avoid using plastic bags because there's already a mass of plastic garbage twice the size of the continental US floating in the ocean, you fricking moron!!!

Oh, sorry.

Anyway, what really makes me ever so happy is when they ignore me, put all my stuff in a plastic bag anyway, and then go, "You don't want a bag????" like they're so stupid they can't wrap their BPA-addled brains around the concept. Then they remove all my junk from the plastic bag and.. yep, throw the plastic bag away. Into the garbage. Because that is so much what I was trying to accomplish by having this discussion with them in the first place.

Tonight the Lowe's girl insisted that I was not allowed to carry four pipe fittings out without a plastic bag, because I needed proof that I had paid for them. Isn't that why they give out receipts? If I get tackled by security while walking the (literally) 10 feet from the register to the exit, and they don't accept my actual register receipt as proof I paid up, that's fine. Because then I'm going to start picking up whatever I want there and walking out with it without paying, all safely enclosed in my proof-of-purchase plastic carry bag. You know, if that's how it's going to be.

I've already had to tell the woman at wal-mart that there will be no more checking of my bags. But this Lowe's girl tonight, she really reminded me of an inbred poodle. Same hairdo**, same confused yet hostile expression. When she wadded up that bag and tossed it into the garbage, I could have hit her. Not over the one bag, but for general purposes.

** Chin length, top part pulled up with a little bow right on top of her head. Just like a poodle.