Twice a week we go through our ritual of packing up our suitcases, fitting them in the trunk like so many puzzle pieces, and unpacking it all at the other house. We are there for a couple or few days, then we repeat the process. And what happens when I let other people help pack?
This:
And this is what happens when little boys get tired of having their pictures taken:
Andy and I mostly have enough clothes now to have everything we need at both houses. Kids grow so fast that it doesn't make sense to buy their stuff in duplicate, so Imri especially carries a big suitcase. Honestly I get tired of the constant moving around, of the specific item I need always being at the other house. But it's sometimes nice to get away. It will be nicer when we finish that house and we can relax when we're there. And nicest of all will be when we can buy a new vehicle, one large enough for all of us to ride comfortably. The brown car is getting cramped. I'd almost even trade in my Jeep, maybe for a wrangler unlimited. Almost.
Posted by
wakeful dreamer