I feel bad about neglecting this poor blog. Lately I have done Twitter-style updates on my Facebook, but since I haven't done anything worth really posting about, there's little point blogging here.
I spent all day in Birmingham, at Children's and at St. Vincent's. There is nothing like sitting in hospital waiting rooms, you know? Ugh.
By the drive home I was soooo nutso. Somewhere around Vinemont I got to yapping on my cell, missed my exit, and ended up nearly to Tennessee. I was completely lost in thought, unaware of everything around me, when I saw a billboard that featured boobs. Then I thought, "Hey, they're advertising for those strip clubs way down here? Oohhhhhhh..." I was 30 miles out of my way before I knew what was happening.
Concidentally, the strip clubs in question are next door to the gas station where we always end up stopping when we go to Diana. (exit 6 on 65) It is desolate and feels quite unsafe, but I can't resist stopping there. There is just something hilarious about nursing a baby next to a giant chicken and within sight of the Boobie Bungalow.
Posted by
wakeful dreamer