I love tomatillo sauce. I have never made it, but after tomatillos were featured by A Mighty Appetite, I had to have some. So we cut up a couple pounds tomatillos and roasted them in the oven.

As I got them out of the oven and carried them over to my food processor, the pyrex dish they were in completely exploded! We are talking glass, onions, and a huge pile of tomatillos completely exploding in my face. I was covered in it and scared but not hurt. Of course I screamed like a girl and Jax was terrified, more so after he saw me, so I had to clean myself up to the accompaniment of a crying child. Ten minutes later, we have just now all calmed down.

There was absolutely no reason for the dish to break. I was only carrying it, not touching it with cold water, or cold anything for that matter. You'd think it wouldn't spontaneously shatter, but then again - you'd be wrong.

I still have tomatillo and glass in every corner of the kitchen. The worst part? I really, really wanted that sauce. Bummer.